Top 10 Ways to up Your Sacral Chakra — Fourth Initiate
The sacral chakra also known as the swadisthana chakra in Sanskrit, is the second chakra from the bottom of the spine just after the root chakra. However this is in the Eastern and Asian system and can differ in other schools of thoughts. The sacral chakra is represented with the color orange and is sometimes called the sex chakra, because of it’s location around the belly button and the characteristics that it results in during and after activation.
The balancing or energizing of the sacral chakra is important because it increases or balances sexual health, creativity and emotions (to a minor degree).
Note: We have provided links to reputable products to make it easier. There is no obligation to purchase. Only a source. Balanced characteristics of the sacral chakra
- Feeling energised and confident
- Having creative energy
- Sound emotional intelligence
- Healthy expressions of sexuality and sensual pleasure
Imbalanced sacral chakra and its effects
When the sacral chakra is blocked or out of balance you may experience:
- Unhealthy dependency on others
- Feelinging out of touch with how you feel
- Sexual anxiety or lack of sexual satisfaction
- Unable to move on from a feeling or mood
There are many ways to balance or energize the sacral chakra. Most common are food sources, aroma therapy, crystals, meditation and yoga. Below are great resources and products to help you balance or energize your sacral chakra.
- Understand your sacral chakras through education
- Heal your sacral chakra with sound
- Energize your sacral chakra with light
- Balance your sacral chakra with crystals
- Sooth sacral chakras with scents
- Feed your sacral chakras with foods
- Pump up the sacral chakra with excersize
- Heal the sacral chakra with meditation
- Get creative to kick start the sacral chakra
- Practice emotional catharsis for that emotional side of the sacral chakra
1. Great books on chakras and understaning them.
The best way to start diving into recharging your chakras, is to become more educated about the chakra system. We would love to go into greater detail on how the chakra system works, but we’ve found that there are great resources out there that have way more information about the subject.
Chakras for Beginners: The Guide on How to Balance Them and Start Healing Body and Mind Through Meditation for Awakening the Power of Chakras Root, Sacral, Solar, Heart, Throat, Third Eye and Crow The Sacral Chakra: Healing the Center of Sex, Creativity, Pleasure and Joy: Learn to Heal Yourself with Your Energy (The Healing Energy Series) (Volume 2)
2. Heal your sacral chakra with sound
Each of our chakras are attuned to s specific frequency range and note. The secral chakra is associated with the note of ‘D’ as well as the harmonic frequency of 288 Hz.
This frequency and key has always had a emotional vibration in myself, as I have always found the D not to be someone sintual. Attuning your chakras to this note and frequency may help to balance this 2nd chakra.
3. Energize your sacral chakra with light
The best way to energize, heal or balance your chakras is getting plenty of sunlight. However there are a few tricks that can be had when working with specific chakras if you know that you lack energy or that they are a tad bit off.
I have recently purcahsed color changing smart lights for my bedroom and living room. Outside of changing the mood, they also help with fatigue creativity and energizing chakras.
Using the color orange along with other sound vibrations that are synonimous with the swadisthana chakra can also help to increase or balance. Below are a few suggestions for utilizing light to help.
- Color changing Led lights
- Led Color panels
- Light Therapies: A Complete Guide to the Healing Power of Light (book)
4. Balance your sacral chakra with crystals
This shouldnt be a big mystery but since the sakral chakra revolves around the color orange, then the crystals that should be used are orange crystals. Here are some of the best ideas for crystals for your sacral chakra.
5. Sooth sacral chakras with scents
Our sense of smell is a very imprtant factor in how we livein this well. It attracs to food, it pleases our imagination through memory and connects us through peolpe and relationships through the subtle chemical of pheremones. Smell can also enables us to open up chakras in our body. There are many ways to open up that chakra with our nose, here are some of the best that I have found. You can also get these scents in aroma therapy which would be highley suggested.
6. Feed your sacral chakras with foods
We are what we eat and often I wonder if the plants, fruits and vegitables were put here to increase our chakras. I’m all about my eating and I feel that some of the best ways to increase your power are through foods.
Increase your orange space with sweet fruits like melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut. Even honey (manuka honey) and nuts are recommended for it. As for spices, cinnamon, vanilla, sesame seeds help to nourish the chakra
7. Pump up the sacral chakra with excersize
With the sacral chakra being in the position that it is in, the best excersizes are those that open up the hips. That being said, there are work outs that you can do in the gym as well as at home with or without weights.
- Goddess pose (Utkata Konasana)
- Reverse Warrior Pose (Viparita Virabhadrasana)
- Wide Legged Forward Bend C (Prasarita Padottanasana C)
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana)
- Reclined Bound Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
- massaging the abdomen
8. Heal the sacral chakra with meditation
I have found that the infinity meditation is the best way to work on any part of your chakras. The only change that one would have to make is to change the color of the chakra that you are working on. Here is an excelent example
9. Get creative to kick start the sacral chakra
This one is the fun one, all you have to do is reverse engineer. Since the sacral chakra has a alot to do with creativity, sometimes all you have to do to get that engine reving is to kick start it with getting creative.
It doesnt really matter how creative you are, all you have to do is begin. Draw, sing, write, photograph, dance or bang a drumb. Just go. This will be the most fun you will have in working on your creative chakra.
10. Brighten up Your Sacral Chakra with color
Change up your color scheme, wether it’s putting on an orange sash, underwear or adorning your living space with orange. The best way to make some type of change is with the color that you surround yourself with.
You will notice an immediate change in emotion as soon as you do. I promise.
Originally published at https://fourthinitiate.com on February 3, 2021.